Company name: Avantor
Type of industry, product or service:
Avantor® is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. Strengthened by the recent acquisition of VWR, the Company is a trusted partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million products, Avantor enables customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world.
Learn more at www.avantorsciences.com
Job Title: QA Associate
Location: Aurora, Ohio
Contact: Website www.avantorsciences.com or Stephanie.Demyan@avantorsciences.com
Requirements and Qualifications:
The role of the QA Associate is to provide support to our customers, quality management system programs (including cGMP and ISO), and the entire manufacturing operation. This position plays a vital role in helping our company achieve success through quality monitoring, modification and continuous improvement.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Inspects shipments, reconciles labels, reviews and releases finished product and other paperwork.
- Reviews and approves/rejects other various quality-related documents.
- Assists in planning, developing, and implementing quality assurance programs.
- Responds to customer requests, including but not limited to investigating complaints and completing required paperwork for corrective and preventive actions and associated follow-up.
- Assists in changing and maintaining ISO and cGMP paperwork. Trains or oversees training.
- Ensures the quality requirements of all departments are being followed and are accurately documented.
- Completes PM/Calibration documentation files and manages Out Of Service Equipment
- Interprets, understands and manages a variety of technical information.
- Prepares routine, technical and special presentations/reports to staff and management as required.
- Prepares and compiles statistical analysis of quality assurance data.
- Oversees the writing and maintaining of owner’s process manuals.
- May coordinate and perform quality assurance system internal audits, investigate non-conformances and determine root cause analyses.
- Reviews the current policies determining and documenting any areas that may need quality improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree (business, engineering or science related field preferred) preferred
- 1-2+ years applicable experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Computer familiarity and record keeping skills
- Ability to strictly adhere to manufacturing procedures for processes
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and accurately complete paperwork
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably and effectively work in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills, adapt readily to change, manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and proficiency with computers
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized and very detail-oriented.
- Must have the ability to conduct root cause analysis