Company name: Crane Aerospace & Electronics
Type of industry, product or service: Aerospace Manufacturing and Repair
Job Title: CMM programmer Shift: 1st (M-F 7:30pm-4:30pm)
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact: Laura Smiley
Requirements and Qualifications:
The Elyria Site (Lear Romec Brand) offers the most reliable positive displacement pumps in the industry consisting of vane, gerotor, and spur gear configurations. Products include lube and scavenge pumps that are ETOPS rated; high contamination resistance gerotor pumps for oil applications; high pressure spur gear pumps; centrifugal fuel pumps and centrifugal coolant pumps. Our pumps are used on many General Aviation, business jet, commercial transport, and military aircraft applications.
We are looking for a CMM Programmer for our Fluid Management Group at our Elyria, OH facility. In this position, you will work closely with all functional groups to develop and support CMM programs, Inspection Plans, and Operator Certification Programs related to inspecting, validating, and documenting the integrity of components and assemblies manufactured throughout the facility consistent with Lear Romec’s quality and manufacturing excellence goals and objectives.
Develop and support CMM programs, Inspection Plans, and operator certification programs for all functional groups. Provide support related to inspecting, validating, and documenting the integrity of components and assemblies manufactured throughout the facility.
- Create new and correct/modify/rewrite existing CMM Inspection programs and Inspection Plans, providing the appropriate level of floor support, training, and troubleshooting to insure successful introduction and sustained use in the manufacturing environment.
- Define, design, order, review, and implement as required all tooling, fixtures, and computer hardware/ software associated with inspection of components or assemblies on specified CMM machinery.
- Define comprehensive inspection details, including instrumentation and gages to be used (CMM or conventional) to completely qualify the component or sub-assembly.
- Participate in various problem solving and corrective action teams where the inspection techniques developed (PI or conventional) are utilized to evaluate root causes, generate data driven solutions and provide sound lasting corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Responsible for conducting manufacturing process audits and reviews, helping to facilitate process changes as appropriate and following-up to determine process change effectiveness.
- Conduct periodic review of existing inspection equipment and techniques. Define and implement cost effective replacements as technology allows.
- Any other task assigned by your supervisor or management
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in CMM Programming, inspection, preferred measurement, and designing holding fixtures experience.
- Knowledge: Strong knowledge and experience with Geometric Dimension & Tolerance interpretation
- Skills/Abilities: Strong verbal and written communication skills required to effectively present information, write reports and process instructions, and provide support to various functional groups; demonstrated ability to apply math concepts; Ability to assess, trouble shoot, and provide resolution to technical problems in a timely, cost effective manner; Ability to perform and produce results in multifunctional teams in a dynamic work environment
- Education/Certification: Associate’s Degree in a business, technical or related field, or equivalent experience. B.S. degree preferred.
- Zeiss Calypso programming capability
- Measure Max, Visual Basic, PC-DMIS knowledge/experience extremely desirable
- Experience in process auditing
- Solid modeling experience (Pro Engineer/Unigraphics)
- Standard office environment
- Work requires substantial visual concentration on detail
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps and any other required PPE
- May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, confined spaces, dust or fumes
Standing: 50% *percentage is approximate and may vary depending on work task
Sitting: 50% *percentage is approximate and may vary depending on work task
Lifting (in pounds): up to 25 pounds
Pushing (in pounds): up to 25 pounds
Mental/Visual: use of computer, calculator, filing cabinets
Crane Co. reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of accountability and responsibility. These descriptions should not be considered to be all-inclusive listings of work requirements.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, or U.S. military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law, in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting.