Company name: Crane Aerospace & Electronics
Type of industry, product or service: Aerospace Manufacturing and Repair
Job Title: NDT Inspector / Calibration Technician
Location: Elyria, Ohio Shift: 2nd (M-F 3:30pm-12am)
Contact: Laura Smiley
Requirements and Qualifications:
The Elyria Site (Lear Romec Brand) offers the most reliable positive displacement pumps in the industry consisting of vane, gerotor, and spur gear configurations. Products include lube and scavenge pumps that are ETOPS rated; high contamination resistance gerotor pumps for oil applications; high pressure spur gear pumps; centrifugal fuel pumps and centrifugal coolant pumps. Our pumps are used on many General Aviation, business jet, commercial transport, and military aircraft applications.
We are looking for a Nondestructive Test Inspector / Calibration Technician for our Fluid Management Group at our Elyria, OH facility. In this role you will ensure all gauges and test equipment used throughout the facility are properly maintained and calibrated to ensure Crane Aerospace products meet specified design standards.
Perform Process Control Checks per procedure.
- Maintain Level II NDT certifications in Magnetic Particle and Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection per NAS 410.
- Pass an annual eye exam per NAS 410.
- Process parts per NDT internal operating procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate level of inventory needed for the department.
- Ensure all material is properly cleaned, identified, protected, and stacked prior to movement.
- Clean and move parts as necessary.
- Complete all required documentation including but not limited to operator inspection records, job routers, NCR’s, reject tags, move tickets, and stock tickets.
- Responsible for issuance, control, and calibration of all measuring equipment.
- Calibrate all measuring equipment used for the manufacture, acceptance, and test of product and components manufactured or purchased by Crane Co.
- Maintain calibration computer database with all necessary information.
- Handle and store all measuring equipment to eliminate potential damage.
- Assign and mark measuring equipment with necessary identification information to enable equipment to be monitored by the department supervisors and the calibration system.
- Monitor the daily calibration reports and contact department supervisors when delinquent gauges are not returned.
- Responsible for product verification and process control including using necessary measuring devices.
- Work closely with Inspection and Production Test Supervision for repair, replacement and subcontracted calibration of measuring equipment is required,
- Perform routine maintenance per Appendix A and appropriate safety checks.
- Document all non-conformances through specified data collection procedures.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Work with internal and external customers and suppliers and participate in continuous improvement activities as required.
- Keep charts and records as required on completed sequences and processes.
- Utilize computer to access various databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department supervisor.
- High School Diploma;
- Must be certified to Level II Nondestructive Tester per NAS 410 for Magnetic Particle AND Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection;
- Prior calibration experience preferred;
- Prior experience using rotary tables, height stands, electro limit/shadow gauges, comparator, sine bar, profilometer and micrometers.
- Must have successfully completed NDT/Calibration Inspector trainee occupation (internal applicants only).
- Must have basic reading and writing skills
- Requires basic math skills to make necessary calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing;
- Must have sufficient knowledge of geometry and trigonometry.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, detail sheets, manufacturing outlines, and written instructions;
- Must be able to apply detailed techniques to products or parts;
- Proficient working computer knowledge.
- Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
NDT Level II certifications in Magnetic Particle AND Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection per NAS 410
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and stretching;
- Requires occasional lifting parts up to 50 pounds;
- Requires frequent lifting and handling parts weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Work Environment
Manufacturing shop floor environment;
Greasy, oily environment;
- Frequent exposure to water and penetrant fluids;
- Exposure to high voltage test equipment;
- Dark test area with exposure to black light.
- In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment. FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.
Crane Co. reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of accountability and responsibility. These descriptions should not be considered to be all-inclusive listings of work requirements.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, or U.S. military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law, in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting.