Company name: Eberhard Manufacturing
Type of industry, product or service: Manufacturer of access and security hardware
Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Contact: Debbie Sayre, HR Mgr.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Eberhard is a leader in the design and manufacturing of engineered access and security solutions. Our mission is to relentlessly focus on our key markets to create valued solutions while delivering an exceptional business experience for our partners. We drive operational excellence into our processes and capabilities while continuously creating growth for our employees, partners, and shareholders. We drive growth by solving our customer’s design challenges through engineering, manufacturing, and adaptive technologies. Eberhard operates from five strategic locations in the USA, Canada, China, and Taiwan. Eberhard is a division of The Eastern Company. (Nasdaq Stock ticker: EML).
The Quality Manager leads our Quality team, providing direction, focus, and support for key initiatives. This person manages a team that will work closely with Manufacturing, Engineering, Sourcing, Sales, and outside vendors while playing an important role in ensuring, product compliance, quality output, and customer satisfaction. A primary focus is process compliance and improvement. This person will review processes and procedures, identifying opportunities for improvement, and implement changes to make the organization more effective and efficient. This person is also responsible for our ISO 9001:2015 audits and management reviews.
- Maintain the ISO 9001:2015 – compliant Quality Management System, including acting as primary contact and coordinating training support.
- Ensure Management reviews are conducted to provide for systems review.
- Manage Internal Audit Program.
- New/Change Product/Process Validation and oversee management of validation activities
- Overall product quality, from raw materials to WIP to finished goods (including but not limited to root cause investigations, timely corrective actions).
- Ensure appropriate protocols are written, identified actions are completed, inclusive reports are written.
- Management of Implementation and Documentation of IQ, OQ, PQ
- Ensure timely and conclusive validations.
- Oversee QC testing efforts.
- Participate in Design Reviews, including Technical Reviews, Feasibility Discussion, and Failure
- Complaint/Corrective Action Management
- Act as direct contact (where appropriate) or manage contact for customer quality-related issues; coordinate course of action for alleviating and resolving concerns and providing timely responses.
- Identify corrective/preventive actions for continuous improvement (effectively implemented and closed in a timely manner) and quality improvement as needed for Production and Business Unit Goals.
- Ensure completion of necessary paperwork such as Alerts, and other relevant documents.
- Ensure Root Cause Analyses are conducted to establish reasons and solutions for Quality matters.
- Manage site calibration program.
- Regulatory compliance (Prop65, REECH, etc.).
- Use data-based information to drive Scrap Reduction, elimination of Non-Value activities, and On-Time Delivery improvement to drive action needed for the Quality and Regulatory
- Use charts/graphs/data to lead/support scheduled meetings.
- Offer input for areas of improvement in products, processes, and procedures. Manage internal Material Review Board, tracking expired and non-conforming product and actions needed.
- Manage Department
- Manages talent acquisition and develops new hire on-boarding plans as needed.
- Provides frequent performance feedback and completes annual reviews for the team.
- Guides the Quality team to manage daily production activities with minimal direct supervision.
- Cross-functional leadership. Collaborate with colleagues in other departments on non-conformances, corrective actions, and process improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned, Additional job activities as may be required by the department.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Quality, Engineering, Operations or related field required, certification to internal auditing preferred.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 6+ years in a Quality Management experience, preferably in Manufacturing, Stamping.
- 2+ years in a QC Managers role
- 3+ Experience working with Tier 1, Tier 2 Automotive Customers, and Military
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer a plus
- Knowledge/experience with ISO9001:2015 or equivalent, quality system requirements required.
- Ability to use MS Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Project (or other project management software), Access and MiniTab (or other statistics software).
- Ability to build respect/trust within internal staff/other functional leaders as well as external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and non-verbal), and presentation skills.
- Possesses excellent time management, prioritization abilities, and strong project management skills.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and eager to drive needed change.
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously make strategic decisions.
- Must possess comprehension and reasoning skills used to understand and collect data, interpret technical instructions, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and theory such as geometry, statistics, algebra, calculus, and differential equations to address engineering issues.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make sound, enterprise-first, problem-solving decisions.
- Ability to travel occasionally for customer visits.