Elyria Plastic Products
710 Taylor St
Elyria, OH 44035
Elyria Plastic Products is a contract manufacturer specializing in custom injection molding, mold making, and precision machining. Our vision is to ensure increased productivity through the intelligent use of technology, equipment, and training. It is our firm belief that all three of these areas is paramount to successful, long-term relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees.
EPP is seeking a full time Quality Technician with prior experience for our Swing Shift 7pm – 3am. Hourly pay based on experience. Shift premium to apply. Excellent benefit package after 60 days of employment. We offer 401(k), dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, medical including an HSA option, and supplemental insurance. Paid time off and company paid holidays after 90 days of employment.
Resumes can be sent to Amanda Dougherty at ADougherty@elyriapp.com.
Test, inspect and document in-house verifications/inspections through all stages of manufacturing. In compliance with customer specifications, blueprints/part drawings, company policies and/or written work instructions, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts and documents:
- Inspection results using the appropriate specified sampling plan, procedure, or work instruction
- Receiving inspections on supplied products, resins, component parts for production or assembly
- First piece, final, in-process inspections on all product or assemblies manufactured or produced by EPP
- Provides 100% layout on new tool or annual re-evaluation using precision measuring tools
- Measures 30 or 100 pieces out of cavities, capability studies using CMM and/or Optical Comparator, and many other precision measuring tools
- Conduct process and gage studies as instructed
- Collect and store daily production data as instructed
- Collaborate to develop sorting criteria if needed
- Completion of Quality testing as required
- Support and instruct sorters as required
- Gage R&R
- Conducts special testing on product or assemblies per work instructions or other documentation either incorporated by EPP or customer requirements.
- Ensure gages are calibrated and/or in working condition prior to use as directly by the Quality Manager and /or designate.
- Verifies product, materials, parts, etc. conforming to specified requirements either visually, through a gage device or other metrology devices.
- Records test, inspection data, apply statistical where applicable
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on material, parts and/or product.
- Stamp/tags/marks approval or rejection on product.
- Process paperwork to submit to customers
- Communicates and verifies metrology goals and objectives are met daily
- Ability to read a blueprint.
- Aids with calibration activities
- Understands PPAP process and assist in gathering PPAP data
- Strong communication skills necessary to present information in a comprehensible fashion, to both company personnel and customers (oral and written).
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain a productive working relationship with staff members, vendors, or other services.
- Demonstrated ability in areas of advanced mathematics.
- Gage training – Must be able to train operators in the proper use and interpretation of all gages in their assigned area
- Quality alert processing – Must fully understand the quality alert process and be able to reliably perform QT elements of it.
- Able to assist in writing Quality instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Strong blueprint reading and GD&T experience.
- Prior experience using CMM and optical comparators.
- The ability to perform close tolerance dimensional inspection of machined parts and mechanical assemblies