Company name: Mid-West Forge Corporation
Type of industry, product, or service: Automotive, axle shafts
Job Title: Quality Engineer, Systems
Location: Cleveland, Ohio 44110
Requirements and Qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports departmental objectives, including reporting on department measurables.
- Responsible for quality systems: IATF, BIQS, QI, CQI-9, MMOG.
- Leads cross-functional corrective action and/or continuous improvement teams and execute changes and improvements to the quality management system based on data driven data.
- Resolves quality issues with suppliers. Determine the nature of the nonconformance, identify responsibility and negotiate a mutually acceptable return or rework of product while preserving the MWF/Supplier relationship. Performs supplier audits and develops suppliers for the purpose of improving performance.
- Supports customer as the QE point of contact. Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality and maintains related database.
- Drive yield improvements such as scrap reduction, production performance & capability.
- Control plan design and review- control methods, sample size and frequencies.
- Problem solving meetings / continuous improvement.
- Resolves daily manufacturing-based quality issues through detailed analysis of manufactured parts against quality specifications.
- Organizes and directs the actions of corrective-action groups to solve manufacturing quality issues.
- Leads group actions and provides detailed reporting of results.
- Assist QA Manager in establishing controls, procedures and practices related to new product launches.
- Serves as a contributing member of the Material Review Board to review disposition of nonconforming material.
- Serves on Advanced Product Quality Planning teams to provide QA input on new products prior to production. Responsible for APQP activities such as PFMEA, Pre-Production Flow Diagrams, PPAP trials and In-Process Inspection Sheets.
- Maintain customer/ OEM websites.
- Participates in performing internal audits.
- Responsible for CSR and systems to be able to provide technical and administrative support to the project.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Develops/deploys new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities
- Participates in development of and maintenance of quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Recommends and/or implements modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Participates in and implements Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Works with other departments to create standard work processes.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of ten years related experience
Heavy automotive industry experience required
BS in Engineering or High School diploma
Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Facilitation and Problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain, document and report objective evaluation of product quality
- Excellent organizational skills required to maintain detailed documentation and filing of quality records
- Ability to mentor and teach at all levels in the organization
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to work off hours as needed
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis and determine effective resolutions
- Ability to present data in effective formats to management, customers, vendors and plant personnel
- Demonstrated knowledge of SPC, SQC, and Quality Core Tools
- Experience building and maintaining relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of statistics, root cause analysis and corrective action processes
- Professional and optimistic attitude, ability to work in a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of IATF16949; ISO 14001 a plus
- Working knowledge of metallurgy
- Heavy APQP experience
- Experience with GD&T
- Extensive problem-solving experience utilizing various tools such as 8D
- Ability to establish and maintain solid internal and external customer relationships
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time
- Travel required with one to two-day notice for urgent customer related issues
Mid-West Forge offers an excellent benefits package and is an EOE.