Company name: Bird Technologies
Type of industry, product or service: Design, manufacture, and service of radio frequency (RF) equipment and electronic components.
Bird is recognized as the expert in RF communications, measurement and management providing innovative RF products, systems, services and educational solutions to the wireless industry. Our employees enjoy working for a privately owned manufacturing business where their contributions make a great impact. Bird offers a competitive wage/benefit package, including medical/dental/vision, 401K, and bonus.
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Solon, OH (partial remote work is an option)
Contact: Jennifer Dudinec, HR Manager. email@example.com
Requirements and Qualifications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior Quality Engineer will manage and advise associates on design and development processes in order to meet applicable ISO standards and customer requirements. As the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in this role focusing on ISO 9001, section 8.3, expertise is expected in the following areas: design planning, design inputs and outputs, verification and validation, risk analysis, design transfer, and auditing to ensure effectivity. This function will report to the Quality Manager.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS / SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an environment of continual improvement through the use of Lean tools.
- Promote the Bird Family Values through your actions – Trust, Innovation, Teamwork, Achievement and Accountability.
- Be able to describe the quality policy and goals, your contribution to quality, and the effects of not observing quality and customer requirements.
- Function as the Subject Matter Expert for:
- Design assurance: Work with Design Engineering to control product development through a phase-gate approach. Candidate must have a strong project management background. Provide best practices in the development of applicable quality procedures.
- Risk management: Advise NPI (New Product Introduction) teams in creation of dFMEAs, pFMEAs, and other risk analysis efforts.
- Design inputs and outputs: Participate in the creation of deliverables as applicable (e.g., engineering drawings, specifications, labels, packaging, and procedures).
- Verification and validation: Provide guidance in the creation of protocols and reports, including sampling plans and test methods. Audit documentation to meet requirements.
- Audit design/phase reviews.
- Assist management in the assessment of Project Manager resource requirements including personnel and project management tools/software.
- Supports project schedule adherence and delivery of products to market.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering or technical field (e.g., electrical, mechanical, etc.). Electrical experience preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience in Design and Development and/or New Product Introduction in a quality-related role.
- An excellent understanding of ISO 9001, particularly section 8.3. Ability to guide and educate all applicable associates on requirements.
- Project management experience required.
- Strong documentation, communication, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ability to operate computer and keyboard. Able to use phone; communicate using speech; hearing and vision skills; sit or stand for moderate periods.