Company name: Solon Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Type of industry, product or service: Belleville washers (fasteners) and pressure switches (measurement devices)
Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: 425 Center St, Chardon, OH
Contact: Patty Schenker, email@example.com
Requirements and Qualifications:
REPORTS TO: President
JOB PURPOSE: This is a key role in management focused on the development of quality products, processes, and suppliers. Quality Manager will apply best practice methods and tools along with ISO 9001-2015 to drive and sustain continuous improvement. This important role will represent the quality function in product and process development, supplier quality development and support of manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains and manages Quality Management System (QMS) and other customer quality requirements with assistance from Top Management, including Management Review Meetings
- Maintains, manages and provides leadership for the Corrective Action and Nonconforming Product Processes
- Maintains and manages the returned goods process (RMA)
- Maintains and manages the Continual Improvement Process (OFI) with assistance from Top Management
- Maintains and manages the Incoming Inspection of goods and services
- Maintains and manages the QMS Audit Schedule (Internal and External and Vendor Audits)
- Maintains and manages the Gage Calibration Process (Internal and External)
- Responsible for assuring Critical to Quality (CTQ) requirements are met for in-process and final inspection of products
- Works with Engineering to determine, develop, and/ or test Critical to Quality (CTQ) requirements
- Works with Supply Chain to evaluate current suppliers and identify new supplier and partners
- Drive improvement in critical metrics including customer complaints, scrap, costs of poor quality and corrective actions
- Decision making responsibility to hold or release current production, held product or returned product and recommend disposition
- Leads, develops and trains Quality Department staffing
- Develop and trains all staffing to basic Quality standards and requirements.
- Identify and resolve issues; determine system improvements and work with engineers to implement change
- Develop and support consistent quality standards for manufacturing, inspection, calibration and measurement
- Develop consistent quality standards for manufacturing to meet customer needs
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
Experiences, Competencies, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Engineering, or Business Administration required, or equivalent experience may be considered.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in senior quality role in a manufacturing environment including managing or auditing a ISO 9001 System or equivalent QMS systems.
- Proficient skills in data collection, statistical problem solving and presentation.
- Manufacturing/production and process control experience required.
- Six Sigma, Process Mapping and LEAN background, a plus.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of QA and QC process implementation
- Personal Effectiveness:
- Interpersonal Skills, Integrity, Initiative, Dependability, and Reliability
- Workplace Competencies:
- Teamwork, Adaptability/Flexibility, Planning & Organizing, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Leadership Competencies:
- Delegation/Empowering Others, Conflict Management, Coaching, Critical Thinking, Analytical